I devote most of my energy to my post as Tutor in New Testament at St Stephen’s House, Oxford. I also write books and essays, give presentations at conferences and parishes, and preach — please feel free to contact me at akm dot adam at gmail dot com, if you’re interested in arranging something.
- Looking Through a Glass Bible, ed. A. K. M. Adam and Samuel Tongue (Brill, 2014).
- James: A Handbook on the Greek Text (Baylor University Press, 2013).
- Faithful Interpretation (Fortress Press, 2006).
- Reading Scripture With The Church, with Stephen Fowl, Kevin Vanhoozer, and Francis Watson (Baker Academic, 2006).
- Postmodern Interpretations of the Bible (editor), (Chalice Press, 2001).
- Handbook of Postmodern Biblical Interpretation (editor and contributor), (Chalice Press, 2000).
- Flesh and Bones: Sermons. (Wipf and Stock, 2001).
- A Grammar for New Testament Greek, (Abingdon, 1998).
- What Is Postmodern Biblical Criticism? (Fortress Press, 1995).
- Making Sense of New Testament Theology (Mercer Univ.Press, 1995: rep. Wipf and Stock, 2005).
- “Should We Be Teaching the Historical Critical Method?” with Ascough, R., Gravett, S., Hunt, A., Martin, D., Wimberly, E. and Yang, S. A. Teaching Theology & Religion 12: 162–187.
- “Interpreting the Bible at the horizon of virtual new worlds,” in The Bible in Ancient and Modern Media: Story and Performance. Biblical performance criticism Hearon, H.E. and Ruge-Jones, P. and Boomershine, T.E. (eds.). Cascade Books, Eugene, USA, pp. 159-173.
- “Technology and Religion,” forthcoming in Introduction to the Study of Religion, ed. Paul Myhre. Anselm Academic, Winona, USA, pp. 164-175.
- “History and Theory of Theological Interpretation of the New Testament,” in Searching for Meaning: An Introduction to Interpreting the New Testament, ed. Paula Gooder. SPCK, Louisville, USA, pp. 120-127.
- “Reading the Bible in a Sea of Signs,” Reflections (Spring 2008), 52-57.
- “Postmodern Biblical Criticism,” in the New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible, ed. Katharine Sakenfeld. Abingdon.
- “The Way From No Way,” Word and World 27 (2007), 257-264.
- “Critique post-moderne,” Nouvelles Lectures Bibliques, ed. André Lacocque (Paris: Bayard Presse, 2005).
- “Rhetoric, Postmodernism, and Theological Education: What Has Vincennes to Do With Athens or Jerusalem?”, in To Teach, To Delight, and to Move: Integrating Theological Education, ed. David S.Cunningham (Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, 2005), 61-82.
- “Integral and Differential Hermeneutics,” in The Meanings We Choose, Charles Cosgrove, ed. (New York:T & T Clark, 2004) 24-38.
- “This Is Not a Bible,” in New Paradigms for Bible Study: The Bible in the Third Millennium, ed. Robert Fowler et al. (Philadelphia: Trinity Press International, 2004) 3-20.
- “Practicing the Disseminary: Technology Lessons from Napster,” Teaching Theology and Religion 5/1
- “Walk This Way: Difference, Repetition, and the Imitation of Christ,” Interpretation 55 (2001) 19-33.
- “Author,” Handbook for Postmodern Biblical Criticism, A. K. M. Adam, ed. (St. Louis: Chalice Press
- “Post-modern Biblical Criticism,” Dictionary of Biblical Interpretation, ed. John Hayes. Vol. 2.
(Abingdon: 1999) 305-309.
- “Deconstruction and Exegesis,” in Neutestamentliche Exegesen Interdisziplinär, ed. Stefan Alkier and
Ralph Brucker (Tübingen: Francke Verlag, 1998), 99-110.
- “Reading Matthew as Cultural Criticism,” SBL 1997 Seminar Papers (1997), 253-272.
- “Docetism, Käsemann, and Christology,” Scottish Journal of Theology 49/4 (1996), 391-410.
- “According to Whose Law? Josephus, Aristobulus, and the Nomoi tôn Ioudaiôn,” Journal for the
Study of Pseudepigrapha 14 (1996), 15-21.
- “Twisting to Destruction,” Perspectives on New Testament Ethics: Essays in Honor of Dan O. Via,
Perspectives in Religious Studies 23/2 (1996), 215-222.
- “Disciples Together, Constantly,” in Homosexuality and Christian Community, ed. C. Leong Seow
(Louisville: Westminster/John Knox, 1996), 123-132.
- “Of the Jews, To the Gentiles: A New Generation in Pauline Studies,” Anglican Theological Review 77
- “Docetism,” in the Early Christian On-Line Encyclopedia. Anthony Beavers, ed. (electronic
publication; accessed 6/6/2003).
- “Matthew’s Readers, Power, and Ideology,” SBL 1994 Seminar Papers (1994) 435-449.
- “The Future of Our Allusions,” SBL 1992 Seminar Papers (1992), 5-13.
- “The Sign of Jonah: A Fish-Eye View,” Semeia 51 (1990), 177-191.
- “Biblical Theology and the Problem of Modernity,” Horizons in Biblical Theology 12 (1990), 1-17.