Morning Selections

Since Apple laptops with iTunes, and various other devices, now enable you conveniently to set an alarm to begin your day with particular songs, what are the leading candidates for that role?

Obviously, the Beatles’ “Good Morning Good Morning.” I thought about this topic while listening to the Boo Radleys’ “Wake Up Boo!”; there’s the Polyphonic Spree’s “Reach for the Sun.” What am I not thinking of?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Morning Selections

1. Jennifer says:

I prefer “Here Comes the Sun” to “Good Morning, Good Morning” – it eases me into the day a bit more gently! Also, Cat Stevens’ “Morning Has Broken.” And if you’re up for it on a Monday, there’s always Elvis Costello’s “Welcome to the Working Week.”

2. Liz Lawley says:

The Beatles “Here Comes the Sun”

Cat Stevens “Morning Has Broken”

Cowboy Junkies “Sun Comes Up, It’s Tuesday Morning”

Wham “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” (guilty pleasure)

Sting “Brand New Day”

Mary Chapin Carpenter “I Feel Lucky”

3. Liz Lawley says:

Okay, I swear Jennifer’s comment wasn’t there when I posted mine!

4. Margaret says:

I’m less enthusiastic about gentle waking music, and more drawn to an energetic and determined approach: Chumbawumba, “Tubthumping” (“I get knocked down, but I get up again. . . “).

5. Micah Kiel says:

Wilco’s “Either Way” which begins, “Maybe the sun will shine down today. . .”

6. nathaniel says:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one drawn to the determined approach, mom. My first thought was Beck – E-Pro.