… Except Real

I’ve already passed this along on Facebook, but it must also be redistributed via blog (Magrey de Vega, husband of the quick-witted Jessica T. de Vega, both my former students, called it to my attention in the first place). This is the Next Big Thing in digerati jokes, memes, and general merriment.

As I said on Facebook, “Keep watching — the fun doesn’t end with the first appearance of the cardboard bear.”

For the indefinite future, expect to hear internet-savvy humorists to say things such as, “This is what a national health policy looks like — except real.” Or, “This is what a politician with integrity looks like — except real.”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to … Except Real

1. Mark J says:

If it weren’t for the logo in the corner I would have thought “Ah, The Onion!”

2. Or of course, “This is what a satirical news report looks like, except real”

3. AKMA says:

Mark, there’s a Historical Jesus angle in here somewhere.

“This is what an itinerant Galilean miracle-worker would have looked like — except real!”

4. Magrey says:

Brilliant, AKMA. Now I’m thinking, “Where can I get a life-sized Jesus cut-out for Ascension Sunday?”

5. tom matrullo says:

Pulitzer material – except not.

6. AKMA says:

“I’m good. I’m faster than a journalist.”

7. Tripp says:

Yeah, AKMA, the chipmunk being interviewed was perfect. Intended humor? I hope so! It was wondrous funny.

8. Margaret says:

I’m not usually the type to use acronyms like OMG…. but OMG!

9. Pingback: clayboy » Poetic lions, cardboard bears and a great spoonerism: this week’s link love

10. Brooke says:

Michelle’s family is from Cleveland.

Our favorite news stories are “loose bear” stories.

And who doesn’t like to mock Fox?

We’ll call this an early birthday present.